PDA

View Full Version : High Oil temperatuer reading on Injection molding BOY

ctrllh
23rd May 2019, 02:55 PM
We have a BOY injection molding machine. Yesterday I noticed a high temperature reading on oil about ~80 degree Celsius which I thought was a false reading because we shut down the machine two days ago and nothing should be hot. I check this morning the problem still persist. Do any one have any idea? is the thermosensor broken? Thank you very much for all the help and information you can provide! (I attach the screen shot of the machine window)

prmsponsor
27th May 2019, 07:37 AM
We have a BOY injection molding machine. Yesterday I noticed a high temperature reading on oil about ~80 degree Celsius which I thought was a false reading because we shut down the machine two days ago and nothing should be hot. I check this morning the problem still persist. Do any one have any idea? is the thermosensor broken? Thank you very much for all the help and information you can provide! (I attach the screen shot of the machine window)

Hi This PRM-Taiwan, we may not give you the right answer to your quiz, but you might wanna have a look for our best hot runner system supplier, Arico.
They are the expertise on temperature control for plastic machinery. http://bit.ly/2YN2eWg

rickbatey
27th May 2019, 09:49 PM
If the pump was left running or the start up clock turned on the pump with the cooling water off, The it may be hot. Can you reach tank and put a hand on it to see if it’s really hot? It may be a bad sensor but that’s rare for the oil temperature unit.
Rick

Xpump
10th June 2019, 02:37 PM
does the pump shut off on over limit of oil temp?