PDA

View Full Version : Knockout tie-in on JSW electric

tommyboyfl
15th March 2019, 03:12 AM
I recently bought a used JSW 120T electric (J120ELIII), which arrived with no manual. I have a manual on order, but it's a 30-day wait from Japan. In the meantime, we are doing a pretty good job just figuring everything out, and have already run a few jobs successfully. One thing that has us really scratching our heads, though: How do you tie in knockout bars to do repeated ejection? Seems there is not enough space to reach in and connect KO bars to the butterfly plate, b/c of the eject servo & belt. Is there a tricky way to do it?

Gassincowboy
21st March 2019, 03:16 PM
Struggling with the same thing on my arburg.

iautry1973
21st March 2019, 05:55 PM
Gassincowboy,

On some of the smaller Arburgs we got used to using either just a center tie in or unbolting the butterfly plate and sliding it forward to get the bars on it. Wanted to try and use something like the Fastie system, just didn't get to it before I left that company.

https://www.imscompany.com/content/pdf_viewer?page=71

tommyboyfl
23rd March 2019, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the input, guys. I was also looking at Fas-tie, plus Kosmek and Alba couplers. I think we may give the Fas-tie system a try...interested to hear from others who have used it.

Do you think it's supposed to rhyme with 'glass eye' or 'tasty'?

rickbatey
24th March 2019, 07:31 AM
I saw a very nice plant made system that used a small piece threaded onto machine rod and a set screw and plate added to mold plate. The ejector rob piece had to slots in it and the rod in the press came up to be ~6 mm below platten surface. After mold was mounted the set screw on top of ejection plate was removed and the slotted plate raised. The machine ejection was brought forward until it pushed mold ejector, plate was slid down and set screw tightened to couple them together. Then mold was started and ran and the sequence reversed to change the mold.
Rick.