PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning polymer from sprue

Shahruk
24th January 2019, 09:10 AM
Polymer sometimes get stucked in the sprue after injection moulding. How can I clean stucked polymer from the sprue in a easy way?

Joel JS
24th January 2019, 10:05 PM
I think you mean a plastic layer is left in the sprue, and I have seen this occasionally, you can try Resin Remover and a wooden stick to scrub it, in the shape of the sprue, .... other option, not recommended for the faint of heart, or the shaky hand, is a hand held sprue reamer (with matching draft angle of course), T Handle to hold it, ...... be careful not to induce any scratches in the sprue itself, as you only want to grab/cut the plastic.

Joel

nemanja
25th January 2019, 12:48 PM
Mechanical/chemical cleaners? So far was best results, also brass or steel brush, depends from material of sprue (but you need to disassemble completely).

Shahruk
28th January 2019, 04:50 AM
I think you mean a plastic layer is left in the sprue, and I have seen this occasionally, you can try Resin Remover and a wooden stick to scrub it, in the shape of the sprue, .... other option, not recommended for the faint of heart, or the shaky hand, is a hand held sprue reamer (with matching draft angle of course), T Handle to hold it, ...... be careful not to induce any scratches in the sprue itself, as you only want to grab/cut the plastic.

Joel

Thanks! This will help a lot.

Shahruk
28th January 2019, 04:52 AM
Mechanical/chemical cleaners? So far was best results, also brass or steel brush, depends from material of sprue (but you need to disassemble completely).

Thanks! Mechanical/thermal cleaners is preferable. I do not want to disassemble the mould.

nemanja
28th January 2019, 09:04 AM
Best so far (at least for my production :) ) is UltraPurge. Cleaner expanding after smelting and "pick up" rest from old and damaged material. Im usually changing from PA 6.6 GF30 to any TPE material and no problem after. also is good for cleaning hot-runner systems (from burnt PA 6.6GF30). Cleaner is available in EU, and i think is available in rest of world.

Regards,

Shahruk
28th January 2019, 09:53 AM
Best so far (at least for my production :) ) is UltraPurge. Cleaner expanding after smelting and "pick up" rest from old and damaged material. Im usually changing from PA 6.6 GF30 to any TPE material and no problem after. also is good for cleaning hot-runner systems (from burnt PA 6.6GF30). Cleaner is available in EU, and i think is available in rest of world.

Regards,

Thanks! This will help a lot.