PDA

View Full Version : Injection End Position Error

holar09
4th September 2018, 03:35 PM
This error shows on the machine every 10 minutes, I will remove the error and the next 10 minutes it shows again. What can I do to solve it permanently?

iautry1973
4th September 2018, 05:57 PM
Any information on what machine it is? My guess is you are not reaching your switchover position. When it errors out take a look at what the cushion was and compare that to your switchover position. Somewhere to start. Post what you see. If it isn't reaching your switchover position then there are several possibilities. Collect and post info if you can to help the group help you troubleshoot. Good luck.

Suhas
4th September 2018, 11:36 PM
Hi,
I do not see any error message. Did you post a picture?
-Suhas

holar09
5th September 2018, 06:40 AM
Any information on what machine it is? My guess is you are not reaching your switchover position. When it errors out take a look at what the cushion was and compare that to your switchover position. Somewhere to start. Post what you see. If it isn't reaching your switchover position then there are several possibilities. Collect and post info if you can to help the group help you troubleshoot. Good luck.

OK, how where do I get the switch over position? I am new to injection machine

iautry1973
5th September 2018, 03:55 PM
Depends on the machine as to what they call it and what page it is on. It usually is on the injection page. What brand of machine are you using? If you know the controller model that helps as well as they are different from model to model even with the same manufacturer. The switchover might be listed as "injection boost cutoff", cutoff, transfer position, VPT, etc. if you are not sure, take a picture of the injection page and we can help.

chrisprocess
5th September 2018, 06:12 PM
Hi,
I do not see any error message. Did you post a picture?
-Suhas

did not see any error either

iautry1973
5th September 2018, 07:41 PM
I don't think he posted a picture and I was just assuming the error message was the title of the post.

holar09
6th September 2018, 07:52 AM
These are the pictures

holar09
6th September 2018, 07:58 AM
I don't think he posted a picture and I was just assuming the error message was the title of the post.

Yes, the title of the post is the error message

bbevc
6th September 2018, 09:10 AM
hello!
maybe cushion comes to 0? i dont know this type of machine. i see you using time to switchover on holding pressure, try to exchange this with way (mm).

JayDub
6th September 2018, 01:58 PM
Your problem seems to be simple arithmetic. If I'm reading the screen correctly you have:
Shot size - 262.7 mm
Transfer - 88 mm
Giving 174.7 mm of screw travel.
Your max speed is 55 mm/s
174.7/55 = 3.18 s
But you are transferring on time at 3.00 s. Given that the screw has inertia, so it takes some time to come up to speed, you are clearly not getting to your set point when you transfer.
As noted by bbvec above, transferring on time is a bad idea anyway - change to position and increase fill time to 5 seconds (this will act as a safety limit).
Also, if your shot is 95% full at transfer (as it should be), you don't need to transfer at 88 mm - your cushion will be way too big. Try moving your shot size to 114.7 and transfer to 28 mm (keeping net screw travel constant). If you get a cushion of 5 to 10 mm you should be good.

moldingppm
7th September 2018, 01:25 AM
JayDub posted what I was going to say and hit it right on the head. Sounds like you're not giving it enough injection time and it's alarming out. Add a few seconds to that and see if it changes. If so, there's your issue...Also, definitely change it to holding switch-over via position as suggested.

Finally, it would also be helpful to know what machine and controller you're asking for help for as well.

holar09
7th September 2018, 09:27 AM
Thanks everyone, I will try all the suggestions and get back to you

holar09
7th September 2018, 10:51 PM
I have tried all the settings but is still showing the error. Please, check the picture is there anything I didn't get right. Thanks

iautry1973
10th September 2018, 04:07 PM
Do you have a setting for the cushion monitoring? Maybe you are going below the min cushion? Can you look the error up in your machine's manual?

JayDub
11th September 2018, 01:53 PM
The only thing I se is that you have a two step injection profile, but your transfer position is after step one. Try entering a larger number after step one (say 40 or 50 mm) and move the 30 mm transfer position to after step two. Can you delete/hide unused steps?