PDA

View Full Version : Start up equipment

dofep
25th August 2018, 07:17 PM
Hi,

I'm about to start up a small business in plastic industry. My goal is make household products such as: small food container, kids lunch box and electrical junction box. I've already bought a 1998 used injection machine Negri Bossi NB 250 Ton.
I've been told that I ll need a cooler for the machine ?
I'm confused I don't know which equipment do I need for the full process to make the company run.
I would much appreciate it if someone here can help to tell what equipments do exactly I need to start up my small company

Thank you in advance.

Suhas
26th August 2018, 03:28 PM
Hi,
You will need water to cool the machine - a 1998 machine is most probably a hydraulic machine. My suggestion is that you get hold of a consultant in your area and have him guide you. Even a maintenance guy from another company will be a good start. There are a lot of small items and details involved in starting up a molding facility.
-Suhas

dofep
27th August 2018, 12:22 PM
Hi Susha

Thank you for your quick reply and guidance.

iautry1973
27th August 2018, 04:07 PM
Suhas is right, If you haven't ever done this before there a lot of pitfalls that someone with experience can help you with. Also finding someone with processing experience to help you start up would be a good idea.

You will need some sort of chiller or water tower for cooling and also a mold heater. Possibly a dryer depending on the material you are using (more than likely you will). A loading system would be best to keep you from having to hand load hoppers. A grinder may be something you will need as well depending on what you are doing with the runners. A mixer might be a nice thing to have as well to maintain color/regrind ratios. You can mix by hand however. You will also need some tools, scales, pyrometers, and various other little things.

Once again, probably a good thing to get someone in to help.

machinepoint
28th August 2018, 12:27 PM
They have given you good advice but the best thing you can do is to seek professional advice. An engineering project in the plastics industry is very complex and will be much cheaper for you if you start out the right way.
Good luck with your project.

dofep
29th August 2018, 05:01 PM
They have given you good advice but the best thing you can do is to seek professional advice. An engineering project in the plastics industry is very complex and will be much cheaper for you if you start out the right way.
Good luck with your project.

Thank you so much:):):)

dofep
29th August 2018, 05:12 PM
Suhas is right, If you haven't ever done this before there a lot of pitfalls that someone with experience can help you with. Also finding someone with processing experience to help you start up would be a good idea.

You will need some sort of chiller or water tower for cooling and also a mold heater. Possibly a dryer depending on the material you are using (more than likely you will). A loading system would be best to keep you from having to hand load hoppers. A grinder may be something you will need as well depending on what you are doing with the runners. A mixer might be a nice thing to have as well to maintain color/regrind ratios. You can mix by hand however. You will also need some tools, scales, pyrometers, and various other little things.

Once again, probably a good thing to get someone in to help.

Million thanks to you for your advice :):):)